As our cherished operations manager, Stephanie Herbst, prepares to depart her role at the Dharma Center, the Board of Directors and Dharma Council are seeking applicants for this important position within our organization. Please see below for a description of this position, including tasks and competencies. We will be accepting applications through Friday, June 4. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to . A committee of Board and Dharma Council members will be reviewing applications over the next few weeks.
DURANGO DHARMA CENTER
TITLE: Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Duties/Priorities: Board President and Dharma Council
COMPENSATION: $20-25/hour depending on experience/qualifications.
This position provides administrative support for the Durango Dharma Center Board of Directors and Dharma Council. Duties include coordinating volunteers, making announcements at Monday night sits, managing our online calendar, sending thank-you letters, fielding phone calls and emails, and attending to various administrative tasks that help keep our center running smoothly.
OM interfaces professionally with diverse callers and visitors as well as internal contacts within the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
OM must have an established dharma practice, including Buddhist retreat experience, and a mature understanding of dharmic principles and practices that will inform their interactions, work practices and decision making. The ideal candidate has skill in interpersonal communication, facility with keeping track of details, and basic proficiency in using computers, including applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel. The OM will be trained in MembershipWorks, our database and calendar system.
- Coordinate and schedule volunteers, including greeters and cleaning team
- Offer announcements at Monday night sits (when you are available)
- Set up program descriptions and registration in our online calendar system
- Answer and field telephone calls, email inquiries, and open and distribute correspondence
- Take notes and distribute the minutes at our monthly board meetings
- Keep track of records, database systems, and membership, donations, and donor information
- Work with the Base Committee to make sure building issues are addressed and resolved
- Schedule Zoom meetings
- Other assorted administrative tasks that can include errands, communications and record keeping
Your choice to work from home remotely or at DDC basement office.
This is a part time position, 20-25 flexible hours per week with an anticipation it may grow into a full-time position. The hours can fluctuate quite a bit, with the heaviest workload in the fall, when DDC is creating the year-end campaign. At times, the number of hours can also shrink depending on the needs, capacities and schedule of the OM.
Flexible hours, free classes and free daylong retreats.
Required Education and Experience
High school graduation, extensive office and organizational experience and diversity training (or willingness to take diversity training).