Dharma Center Community Picnic
At the Edgemont Picnic Grounds
Saturday, August 25 from 3:00 - 6:00 pm
The Durango Dharma Center is hosting a picnic! Bring friends and family and come join us at the Edgemont Ranch picnic grounds from 3:00 to 6:00 pm on Saturday, August 25. The Dharma Center will provide grilled burgers, brats, chicken, veggie (vegan) burgers and non-alcoholic beverages. We invite you to bring a side dish to share.
This is a family-friendly event with games. If you are a musician, please bring your acoustic instruments for a casual jam session. You may also wish to bring a lawn chair.
Also, we are in need of volunteers! Cynthia Billings has generously volunteered to organize this event, and if you are interested in helping out, please contact her at cynbillings (at) gmail (dot) com. Roles requested include:
• Grill Gurus: In charge of grills, grilling, charcoal, gas, spatulas, aprons, platters; anything that has to do with transitioning grilled food from its raw form to the platter; and set-up and clean-up of grill area.
• Beverage Buddhas: Procure and maintain 5-gallon drink dispensers, ice, coolers for drinks, cups, sharpies for names on cups. Anything that has to do with beverages.
• Food and Fodder facilitators: Create sign-up sheet for categories of food for people to bring. Consider food allergies: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan. Assist Presentation Prince/Princesses with table organization.
• Presentation Prince/Princess: Organize people to bring tablecloths and centerpieces and set up food with an area for food sensitivities. Also responsible for plates, utensils and napkins.
• Trash Trolls: Organize receptacles for trash, recycling (aluminum and plastic) and monitor trash flow during event.
• Games Gladiators: Organize, create, set up, and facilitate games for adults and kids that are interactive, fun, team-oriented icebreakers.
• Clean-Up Karma Crew: Oversee the clean-up process and restore the facility to original condition in which we found it—or better.
VENUE: Edgemont Picnic Grounds
DIRECTIONS: From the stoplight at CR 240 and CR 250 (near Bread), go approximately 4 mi. to the new Edgemont Meadows entrance and turn right into Edgemont Meadows. After entering, immediately go left and follow the paved road until it becomes gravel. Continue down the gravel road about .25 mi. to the picnic grounds. There is some parking at the picnic grounds and overflow parking at the top of a small hill before you descend into the picnic grounds.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Cynthia Billings at cynbillings (at) gmail (dot) com.